digital marketing

4 digital marketing tips to grow your start-up

When launching a start-up, the journey can be incredibly rewarding but also quite daunting. Digital marketing is a powerful tool which can contribute powerfully to your online presence, and positively impact the performance of your business – especially in such a fast-paced and digitally focused world.

We’ve got some tips that can help you to get started with your digital marketing efforts, and make the process a little less daunting.


4 digital marketing tips for start-ups

  1. Create a good user experience

Your customers are one of the most important factors of your success, and so you must build relationships and build trust with them in order to succeed fully.

When planning your digital marketing, you should take a user-led approach and ensure that you are effectively meeting the needs of your customers and their queries. Content should inform, engage and provide value, whilst the products and services you offer must solve a problem for them.

There are endless ways to reach customers with digital marketing and so you must consider every channel. A user-friendly website, engaging content and good social media and email marketing strategies are some good ways to start.


Once you start engaging with customers, you will then gain more and more insight into their needs which can help you grow further.


  1. Creative content

A solid content marketing strategy is a must for any start-up, so that you can be sure you are providing content that engages your audience. Content should be fresh, engaging and well-thought out to match your brand ethos – do this, and you will perform well both from a user experience perspective and from an SEO (search engine optimisation) perspective.

As a general rule, 80% of your content should NOT be focused on your product and the other 20% can be. This is a good balance between enticing consumers to purchase products but also actually providing them with useful and helpful information that will help to build their loyalty/trust.

Get to the point! 80% of your content should not be about your product – no, it doesn’t backfire at all – and 20% of it could be focused on your online sales, giveaways, etc.


  1. Social media platforms

Social media is often where most brand’s identities come out to play, and so you should engage with your audience on relevant social media platforms where possible.

Social media is great for sharing updates, sharing blog posts and for just generally getting to know your audience and interacting with other businesses. In this modern age, you absolutely cannot underestimate the power of social media and the popularity that they hold.

Be regular in your social media strategy and maximise your growth and remember that consistency is key to any strategy.


  1. Search engine optimisation

Most importantly, you want to ensure you are taking time to invest in SEO and the improvement of your website, so that you can begin to rank well organically in Google.

An SEO audit is a great place to start and can highlight areas which you are doing well in, as well as areas of your site and overall digital marketing strategy that you need to work on in order to improve the performance of your site.

A good SEO audit will look at all areas of your website, from user perspective and a technical perspective and making some changes can really give your start-up the boost it needs!


Being consistent and regular in your digital marketing strategy will help you to increase your start-up’s visibility and will enable you to attract the right customers for continued growth and good ROI.